Meet The Älska Muse : Kallula
Posted on 13 July 2015
Her name is Kallula, and she is one part of the electronic pop duo KIMOKAL. Her misty and alluring voice sways the listener, transporting the mind to a mystical world of wonder. We had a wonderful chat with the charming girl, the avid Yogi, the voice and one of our very first Älska muses.
- I’ve been in music since I was in kindergarten. But about 3 years ago, I decided to get serious. I had a chance to release an EP with LCDTRIP, since then I’m constantly making music and exploring new genres.
- Kimokal was formed in 2014 by pure coincidence. It just so happened that when I was recording for LCDTRIP at Doubledeer music, my partner Kimo asked me to fill one of his tracks called “Under Your Spell”. Then we carried on from there.
- Lykke Li, Twiggy and Irina Lazareanu.
- My biggest dream is simple, I want to reach out to people through my music and be able to travel and discover new things.
- Yes! Currently I’m still trying to learn to make good music that could relate to people and just have faith that I could perform live in one festival after another and pour my heart out there.
- Hmm, I’ve always wanted to be a fortune-teller so probably that. Or maybe a mongoose since I love coffee so much.
- About 3 years ago.
- It changed my life in so many ways. I first started doing yoga for weight loss, but then I found peace through it. It also gives me more focus on stage and the techniques I learned enhances my breathing when I sing.
- Sweden and Iceland please!
- The fashion, the culture and, most of all, the beautiful views!
See our July Catalog featuring Kallula here.